At Cooper, the manufacturing process is continuously updated to comply with the latest global standards and customer specifications. The production process is constantly monitored, to ensure consistency of quality. We use high performance machine tools in each phase of the process to achieve the desired quality requirements through optimized machining operations.
Our manufacturing plants are equipped with precision casting, machining and honing facilities. The critical machines have been imported from renowned global manufacturers such as Junker, WMW, Mori Seiki, Hommelwerke and Nagel, handled with robotic/gantry lines.
- 280-CNC turning lathes
- 12-Horizontal machining center
- 15-Vertical machining center
- 4-Horizontal boring machines
- 4-Vertical boring machines
- 9-Honing machines
- 6-Grinding machine (Cylindrical & Center less)
- 50-Heavy duty turning lathe
- 6-Milling machines
- 7-Drilling machines
- 2 –5 axis CNC machine
- 2 –VTL Machine
- 36 robots for machining line
- Gantry cell for CNC turning machines
- High Pressure die casting machine.
- Low pressure die casting machine
- Gravity die casting machine
- Metal Analyzer
- Density Index Machine
- Decoreing Machine
- Melting and Holding Furnace- 3
Cast iron: Centrifugal Plants
- 22 -Inductotherm induction furnaces ranging from 500 to 2200 Kgs
- 18 –Six head carousel centrifugal casting machines
- 2 –Eight head carousel centrifugal casting machines
- 2 robots for handling for Eight head centrifugal casting machine
- 10 –Single Centrifugal casting machines
- 8 Shot blasting machines
- 7 Stress Relieving Furnace
Cast iron: Sand Plants
- 2 -Inductotherm induction furnaces ranging from 500 Kgs to 3 Ton Capacity
- OMEGA sand mixer -20 & 10 ton/per hour capacity
- Fast Loop, Roll over, Vibrating tables etc
- Painting station, Conveyorised assembly & pouring stations
- Core shooter - Shell 5 & cold box -5
- Sand Thermal reclamation unit
All the lines are automated with robots or gantries where the complete pick & place is done with the robot. The entire line is handled with the robots from the input component to the completely finished component & extended to packing. All the robots are integrated with machines and equipment in the line with the input & output signals through PLC. The robots are from Gudel, Fanuc, Kuka, ABB and the gantries are from Gudel & Felsomat. Also, the Kuka robots are used in foundry equipment to do the work of pick & place of the casting. Key benefits of robots include higher output with reduced manpower & consistency.
The cylinder liner is the most important part of the engine & the inner diameter of the cylinder liner is the most critical parameter of the cylinder liner. The inner diameter surface of the liners is developed with the super finishing operation called honing. In honing, the surface is created with cross hatch, valleys, picks where the actual oil retention is done which is most important for engine performance. The plateau honing is established for all cylinder liners to get the desired bearing ratio. This operation is performed on CNC Nagel honing machine in three steps rough, base & plateau. All CNC honing machines are having the facility of the auto sizing in which the machine stops when the size of the component is as per the specification.
Own tool room facility where all type of the jigs, fixtures, dies are designed & manufactured in-house. Tool room is well equipped with the machining centers, grinding machines, milling machine, drilling machines, turning machines, etc. Also, the required inspections facilities are provided in tool room. Staff & workmen in the tool room are well-skilled, trained & have exposure and expertise to make the tooling. CAD/CAM Unigraphics Nx-10.3 software is being used for design & manufacturing of tooling, dies, patterns, cores box, etc.
For high performance engines, the cylinder liner inside the diameter is fortified with the laser hardening process. The inside diameter of cylinder liners is hardened to 50 ~55 HRC & 0.5~3.0mm depth by using laser. Equipment is fully automated & controlled by PLC.
Heat treatment consists stress reliving, hardening & quenching, tempering & annealing, etc. We perform relieving on all our components. It is carried out for the component to release residual stresses in castings to improve machinability, dimensional stability and increase the life of the component, without change in mechanical properties. This is being done by using the special stress relieving auto controlled furnaces. We have 8 such furnaces with total capacity of 48mts / day.